Thursday, December 15, 2011

Knowing who you really are can make all the difference

Have you noticed the universal interest that human beings show in finding out who they are? They will spend hundreds or thousands of dollars in their search and may even travel the world. What is it that we expect to find and why do we think this knowledge will be of any value? Could it be that something inside of us knows there is more to us than meets the eye? We feel there is something about us that this mortal world has never seen nor will they ever see again. Could it be that there is a purpose to this life and part of our purpose is to find out who exactly we are and act on that knowledge? I grew up hearing the story of the ugly duckling and I feel that it has timeless significance and portrays that deeper meaning to our search. To realize that we are swans or in other words... A child of God! I love this video and it's message. my favorite quote is "This knowledge changes everything. It changes your present. It can change your future and it can change the world!" I know this is true! As I have "looked into the water" and seen "my true reflection" it has made all the difference in my life. I have done this by studying and applying the word of God in my life both the Bible and the Book of Mormon  . I know that it is only through our loving Savior Jesus Christ that we will be able to return to live with God again. He longs for us to turn to him and let him show us his love! He is reaching out to each and everyone of us with arms wide open to show us who we really are!

No comments:

Post a Comment